Saturday 1 November 2014

Game of Thrones - House Baratheon of Dragonstone

All Hail the One True King of Westeros!


The King in the Narrow Sea
Stannis Baratheon
With all these pretenders to the throne fighting in the Riverlands I have finally turned my attention to the rightful King: Stannis of the House Baratheon, King of the Andals, the First Men and the Rhoynar, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms and Protector of the Realm. Protecting his right to the throne are two war bands I have created; the first being loyal men of Dragonstone led by the Hand of the King Ser Davos Seaworth and the second being some Lysene Pirates led by Salladhar Saan. Thus far I am yet to find a satisfactory model to use for Stannis the Mannis himself but I promise he will follow eventually.





Ser Davos Seaworth
Ser Davos is one of my favourite characters in the series and was relatively easy to paint and convert. He was just a Rohirrim Warrior who lost his shield and several fingers with a greenstuff pouch added to around his neck. He is made distinct from the rest of the war band by having brown in his colour scheme as well as increased dirt and less blood. He also lacks the fiery heart of R'hllor sported upon the shields of his men. An honest and loyal man with a down-to-earth and realistic view on life; I am very happy that I could add the Onion Knight to my collection.

Captain of Dragonstone
The Captain was made from a broken Numenorian I found, he was given a spear and a new helmet the latter of which featured a small dragon crest as befitting a man of Dragonstone, a symbol probably not wholly appreciated by his comrades.

Dragonstone Men-at-Amrs
The Men-at-arms were easy to convert as I only had to remove the helmet wings from some Numenorian Warriors and file the white tree off of their shields. I painted them in the dark colours Stannis's men sport in the show with full colour sigil upon their shields. Below you can see them alongside the Lysene Pirates who will be featuring soon on an upcoming post.


Now possessing a Lannister war band and a Baratheon war band I am considering working on a Tyrell force to join my Lannisters as part of a Blackwater themed project but I am still unsure as to what models to use. I do have some elven warriors I think could fit the bill though I need to think on that idea some more.

For more Game of Thrones converted miniatures click on the relevant link at the top of the homepage and follow the links to the war bands you want to see with more coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...