Saturday 15 February 2014

Warriors of Order

This has been a project I have been thinking about for around a year now. Whilst rummaging through an old book shop hidden deep in the English countryside I stumbled upon rules for Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay. Upon buying the book and reading it at home I discovered something I had previously not known about the Warhammer world: that there are Gods of Law as opposites to the Gods of Chaos. This obscure and long-forgotten lore point piqued my interest and has been rattling inside my head for quite some time now. 

A few months ago I kit-bashed a test model which I like but it seems to be missing something I can't quite put my finger on. Perhaps his armour is just not distinct enough from the dark elf/eldar pieces I used, that he is lacking in 'uniqueness'? Perhaps. For now I have left the project to stew over in my mind until I get some new ideas for these Warriors of Order, I just thought you might like to see this test-mini. 
Morzhar, Prophet of Law
Test I






I keep having various ideas about what I could do with them but none have quite stuck yet. I keep thinking something along the lines of Tibet meets the Third Crusade with angels but what to use for models keeps me back. This project, if it ever goes anywhere, is to sit on a back burner for now as I am planning on increasing my Vampire Counts to 2000 points when all my Dark Elves are painted. To fund this I am going to sell some Warriors of Chaos and some Dark Eldar as these are my two least used armies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...