Thursday 14 February 2013

The Hobbit - Oin and Gloin

Of all the dwarves I really enjoyed Oin's performance and look which I though was incredibly typically dwarvish. I also liked the visual throwback to Gimli that Gloin was so I opted to do these two next. I am very happy with how Oin turned out though I am not happy with Gloin's flesh and I may have to go back and change it. Gloin, Balin, Dori and Bilbo all have strong red elements to them so distinguishing them from one another visually was important. To this end I used the long since discontinued 'red gore' as the base for the reds on Gloin, hopefully this should make his red distinct from the others.

Oin

Gloin







Once again awful photos but after this I should be able to give some of a far better quality after picking up a few tips and tricks.  Next up is Bifur, Bofur and Bombur. Of the three Bombur is already painted; in fact due to the insistence of my brother he was the first dwarf I painted! Though I have not posted him yet as I would rather show the dwarves in groups rather than singularly. 

I recently got hold of both the new Dark Angels codex and the new Warriors of Chaos army book so I will be looking at some army lists for both armies in the next few weeks. I don't expect any I come up with to be very good as they will be based around the random models I have accumulated over the years rather than any semblance of strategy. Which is unfortunately how most of my armies turn out as I tend to buy models based on what I fancy painting instead of their battlefield uses.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...