Friday 31 August 2018

Eisenhorn and Sisters of Silence WIP (Aug)


Cherubael WIP
Since my last post in May, I've managed to do quite a bit on the non-Custodes part of my Talons of the Emperor force. Though I've been quite busy, I have been trying hard to make some time to paint and relax amidst everything thats been going on. I've been finding working on my miniatures to be particularly therapeutic, and it's felt rather motivating and rewarding to see a smaller force coming to completion this quickly!


More after the jump: 




Eisenhorn and Cheubael
I've managed to get plenty more layers on Eisenhorn and Cherubael, the latter in particular starting to really take shape now his flesh and robes are done. Eisenhorn himself has a lot of details so I think he will take quite a while, but I guess thats only fitting for what is essentially the leader of this part of my army. 

Sisters of Silence showing work I've done on the capes, armour and fur
Since I last mentioned them on the blog, I've worked more on the armour, cloth and furs of my Sisters of Silence. While I was initially going to give my Silent Sisters grey fur cloaks, I decided instead to give them lion pelts so that they match Trajann Valoris when I paint him. I followed the following tutorial: WHTV Trajann Valoris' Lion Pelt.

Astropath and Black Sentinels 
My Black Sentinels and Astropath are coming along well though they still require a lot of work on the armour and weapons. I elected to start painting their furs as lion pelts as well to match the Sisters of Silence. I'm quite pleased with the Astropath thus far in particular, he looks quite striking in his red robes amidst a sea of gold.

Null-Maiden Grav-Rhino
Since May I've also finished converting my Grav-Rhino and I've begun to paint it. Though I'm not a fan of painting vehicles generally, I'm actually quite enjoying painting this floating golden box. I still need to paint a few more layers of auric armour gold in order to get a smooth finish, but I'm very happy with how it is looking thus far. I've also started painting up a golden Valkyrie for my Black Sentinels to ride in though its still in a very WIP stage. 

I've also been doing some work on my Custodes, though I've not made a huge amount of progress this month due to looming deadlines. I've pretty much done a bit of something on everything so hopefully I'll have plenty of completed Custodians on the blog soon. I've also decided that there are only two more things I really want to add to this projects: a vexilla bearer, and a contemptor dreadnought. Both of these I plan on converting some time next month. If I am successful that will mean I've started and completed this Talons of the Emperor army in just one year; a nice, relatively small project that I've enjoyed immensely. Now I just need to make it so! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...